Vessel HVAC (heating ventilation and cooling) systems should have regular maintenance preformed. Here are some helpful tips to ensure proper operation and efficiency of your vessel.
- The return air filters should be cleaned or renewed as required monthly.
- Evaporator coil fins should be cleaned monthly
- It is recommended that the salt water side of the condensing unit should have a chemical flush every year for best results, but no longer than two years between cleaning.
- Sea strainer should be cleaned weekly
- Scale builds up on the interior walls of the condensing coils which reduces efficiency drastically. This condition causes the units to run longer and cycle more frequently thereby significantly reducing the life of the equipment